October 1st, 2008
|05:10 pm - Horror-Scope du jour|
Jonathan Cainer sez... Our enemies are often the people who were once our friends. And even our closest companions can be perceived as our potential enemies in waiting. Certainly, if we treat them badly enough, they will be in the best position to retaliate. But the cosmic message for you now is best summed up by a quote from Oscar Wilde: 'Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.' Keep someone on side now... and you'll get more benefit from the relationship than if you allow a conflict to escalate.
I say... Okay. I really can't think of any conflicts that were in danger of escalating, at least on my side. One never knows, of course, what might be going on elsewhere. But for me, nada. Not only is it easier to get along with people, but also, fate takes care of any revenge I might have in mind. Not worth the hassle to escalate much of anything.
Rob Brezsny sez... Taurus actor Pierce Brosnan told Parade, magazine how shocking it was to get fired after playing the role of James Bond for four films. But after the initial pain he felt from being rejected, he eventually got to the point where he could say, "I'm free now. I can do anything I want." What helped him recover was conjuring up the proper attitude. "You've got to be a fighting rooster," he said. That's half of my prescription for you in the coming week, Taurus. Be a charismatic warrior as you push to further your highest ideals and brightest desires. Be a stylishly fierce liberator in charge of designing your own freedom. Be a fighting rooster with the heart of an artist.
I say... WTF?
Current Location: 20852
Current Mood: curious
September 24th, 2008
|01:43 pm - Jonathan Cainer, you're kind of a dick.|
Wednesday, 24th September 2008
This is going to sound odd, coming from me... but are you sure you really want to know what the future holds? I'm not suggesting it contains anything you won't like - or won't easily cope with - but might it spoil the surprise? Or could it be that right now, you have an idea about how things need to alter based on what you currently understand. Once a few factors change, though, some very different needs will arise. They will be met... but you don't yet know what they are. Trust and don't worry today.
September 17th, 2008
|09:47 am - Horror-Scope|
Jonathan Cainer claims: "Peace on Earth. Will it ever come? Will we want it when it does? Soap operas are going to be a bit dull, aren't they? 'Don't forget to tune in next week, folks, to see everyone co-operating in a spirit of respect.... again' And the sports channel? 'The crowd go crazy as the two top teams stop trying to beat each other and unite against the common enemies of intolerance and aggression.' Who would want to watch that? Harmony is not very exciting. But it is very nice. And there's some coming your way soon."
That would be lovely, and would reduce the need for taint-kickings. I am heartily tired of drama llamas.
Today I have:
- Called and harassed the mortgage company.
- Left another message for the new sales manager at the Threads hotel.
- Turned in direct deposit form.
- Talked to A-1 about the final bill.
Today I should:
- Make reservations for the Manhattan Dead Dog Party.
Remind people to pay for the Roast, kthx.
- Take the trash out this evening.
Look at AMC movie listings.
Drink more tea (maybe it will wake me up!)
Try not to care about the idiocy of other people.
- Try to come up with an idea for a new closet.
- Whatever else I am forgetting.
Current Mood: moody
August 11th, 2008
|03:05 pm - Astrology du Jour|
For Monday, August 11 - Follow the example of a friend who's started tightening their financial belt. Even if your current money situation is just fine and dandy, it certainly wouldn't do you any harm to put a lock on your wallet for a while. In addition, your friend will appreciate the gesture. It will help make socializing with them a lot easier, too -- if you're both working with the same budget, it will be easier to find something fun that makes everyone feel comfortable and happy.
Follow the example of a friend who's started tightening their financial belt. Save! Your mood is pretty philosophical today, so even high-drama moments won't affect you as deeply. In fact, you may learn quite a bit from your reactions, so take a closer look and see what happens.
Slow and steady doesn't have to win you the race today because you may not be feeling very competitive. Naturally, you want to do what you already promised because it's important for you to be seen as reliable. But it may not be as crucial to beat someone else at what you do. It's not a contest; just do the best you can and leave it at that.
Um, okay. I have no money to save. In fact, the financial situation is rather suck. I'm hoping enough people pay us for Jeffersonia that I can buy the food for the game. I've bought some, and cooked some of that and frozen it, but that was out of pocket. I don't know what high-drama events are going on, and I'd like to keep it that way. Am I supposed to be feeling competitive with someone? So confused!
Current Location: 20852
Current Mood: curious
Current Music: Coworkers gossiping
August 7th, 2008
|11:37 am - Brezsny is Batshit, part 6495...|
Taurus Horoscope for week of August 7, 2008
In my vision of your ideal future, you would spend the next two weeks both way out on the frontier and yet close to home. Paradoxical? Yes, but that's the magic and mystery of the unusual opportunity you have before you. Don't just take my word for it, Taurus: Meditate on how you could wander free on the outskirts of everything you know even as you feel as stable and secure as a monarch in your castle. Be on a far-flung adventure even as you draw deeply from the mother lode. Enjoy the pleasures of unexplored territory as you draw on the power of the familiar.
Gemini Horoscope for week of August 7, 2008
Although the platypus is technically a furry mammal, a new study of its genetic code reveals that it also has some qualities common to birds and reptiles. It lays eggs and has venom like a snake and a bill like a duck. Sounds like it's the perfect creature to serve as your totem in the coming week, Gemini. Life will bring you unexpected mixtures and improbable hybrids. You won't be able to make sense of your experience if you rely on your usual categories. And I think you'll find that the best way to attract good fortune will be to weave together threads of different colors and textures.
I can has new boyfriend now?
Okay, can I see present lovers more often?
Either would be acceptable, kthx.
Don't get me wrong. I <3 Freewill Astrology. I just don't often understand what he's on about without a LOT of thought. I suppose that's the point, but at the moment I'm tired, cranky, achey, and impatient. I want results, dammit!
August 6th, 2008
|10:25 am - More Horror-Scopes!|
( Next week, cut for her pleasure. )
Current Location: 20852
Current Mood: thoughtful
August 3rd, 2008
|05:56 pm - Horoscope de la semaine|
For the Week of Aug 4th, 2008 -- Loving Venus enters your 5th House of Romance this week, opening the door to more pleasure in your personal life. It can be difficult, though, to ignore a pushy friend whose pressure pushes you off your game. Don't fight back, but get away from those who hamper your pursuit of a loving partner.
You have a very positive pattern for your love life this month. Venus, the planet of amour, will be in your 5th House of Romance from August 5 to 30. This provides more comfort in expressing yourself, connecting with new people and making a good impression on them. Attractive Venus in this outgoing house shows off your graciousness and charm. This planet, however, is in careful, modest and self-critical Virgo, which can make you more aware of yourself than usual. That's fine as long as you are able to take constructive steps to diminish your flaws rather than dwelling on them. Intellectual Mercury, active Mars and the Sun also visit your 5th House this month, giving you the gift of gab to communicate your feelings and the energy to play hard. It's fine to show off a little bit now, Taurus. As long as you are sensitive to the feelings of others, being more open about your own desires is fine. A key to romance now is to be generous. Being helpful makes you sexier too. There's something about demonstrating how useful you can be that increases your confidence and draws others to you. On August 13, though, Venus joins serious Saturn, putting a damper on playfulness and, perhaps, leading you to underestimate yourself. On the 16th, however, generous Jupiter connects with Venus to encourage risk taking. Going too far might be just about right then. Relationships can be more complex on August 23 when impulsiveness and a sense of strangeness can set you apart and on the 29th when control issues may come into play.
Current Location: 21740
Current Mood: cheerful
July 22nd, 2008
July 17th, 2008
|08:51 am - Freewill Astrology|
Taurus Horoscope for week of July 17, 2008
In his book In My Other Life, Paul Theroux imagines another version of himself -- the "story of a life I could have lived had things been different." I think you'd benefit from carrying out a similar exercise, Taurus. Daydream about the inner potentials you've never developed, the inviting destinations you've never actually sought out, the initial interests that never grew into full-fledged relationships -- and then fantasize that you are in fact doing those things. Aside from being fun, this experiment could lead you to actually try out some possibilities that maybe you should have considered long ago. And it might at least free up energy that has been trapped inside feelings of remorse.
Gemini Horoscope for week of July 17, 2008
Kate Knapp Johnson's poem "Meadow" begins like this: "Half the day lost, staring/ at this window. I wanted to know/ just one true thing// about the soul." She goes on to imply that she wasn't successful in her meditation. You, on the other hand, will enjoy a boom time if you go in quest of such insight. By next week, you could discover at least five true things about the soul. Here's one possible truth now: The soul needs nourishing stories in the same way the body needs healthy food.
- Not sure it's so much remorse as regret. I mean, remorse implies to me that one has done something... malicious? While I make mistakes, and rather often, they are rarely acts of malice. More often than not they are acts of love in error.
- Inviting destinations I've never sought out? I'd like to go to Paris. I'd like to go to the Bahamas now that I am old enough to remember (I was there 39 years or so ago, nuff said). I'd like to visit a dear friend in LA, and bake scones for her. I want to go to Austin, and visit my SB, because she is teh awesome. I'd like to go to Houston. I'd like to go to Idaho and research genealogy. I'd like to go to Utah and meet long lost kin. I'd like to go to North Carolina and visit with fabulous friendly in-laws. I'd like to visit Italy, and Denmark, and England, and Ireland, and Quebec, and France... to research genealogy and possibly meet long lost kin.
- There are exes I'd love to see again, even if we were never to re-ignite old flames. Though that's only one ex, that's like the only valid reason I've even considered attending my high school reunion. Well, that and showing off a young hot paramour. Other maybe interests that I didn't pursue? Can't think of any offhand. I'll have to contemplate that a bit.
- Inner potentials? There are many. I thought once about being a physician, though I don't think that's my path anymore. I used to be a healer, but it always made me physically ill to do that; kinda working on that right now, not sure how it's going considering how sick I've been lately. Empathy... I cut that off a LONG time ago, but it seems to be coming back and I am SO not sure how I feel about that. Art... never really developed the skills, though I seem to have some natural talent; I really don't want to be another aging wannabe artist. Same with singing. I'd like to get back into working out regularly but who the hell has the time with a commute like mine? Would you believe I was once a budding model? Yeah, me neither, but it's true...
- I hate it when Brezsny gets metaphysical on me. I'm a more literal person than he is, methinks. Soul... nourishing... stories... WTF? Someone help me out here, kthx.
Current Mood: tired
Current Music: "You don't eat breakfast? The most important meal of the day?" coworker on phone