October 30th, 2008
|03:41 pm - Rob Brezsny sez...|
You don't have to be anything you don't want to be, Taurus. Please read that last sentence again, drinking it in as if it were an elixir you've been longing for since you were 13 years old. Here are some corollaries: You don't have to live up to anyone's expectations. There's no need to strive for a kind of perfection that's not very interesting to you. You don't have to believe in ideas that make you sad or tormented, and you don't have to feel emotions that others try to manipulate you into feeling. In short, you are free to be exactly who you want to be. Celebrate that this Halloween season. Costume yourself as the person you've been hiding.
Um... everyone knows I'm a horny hedonist...
August 7th, 2008
|11:37 am - Brezsny is Batshit, part 6495...|
Taurus Horoscope for week of August 7, 2008
In my vision of your ideal future, you would spend the next two weeks both way out on the frontier and yet close to home. Paradoxical? Yes, but that's the magic and mystery of the unusual opportunity you have before you. Don't just take my word for it, Taurus: Meditate on how you could wander free on the outskirts of everything you know even as you feel as stable and secure as a monarch in your castle. Be on a far-flung adventure even as you draw deeply from the mother lode. Enjoy the pleasures of unexplored territory as you draw on the power of the familiar.
Gemini Horoscope for week of August 7, 2008
Although the platypus is technically a furry mammal, a new study of its genetic code reveals that it also has some qualities common to birds and reptiles. It lays eggs and has venom like a snake and a bill like a duck. Sounds like it's the perfect creature to serve as your totem in the coming week, Gemini. Life will bring you unexpected mixtures and improbable hybrids. You won't be able to make sense of your experience if you rely on your usual categories. And I think you'll find that the best way to attract good fortune will be to weave together threads of different colors and textures.
I can has new boyfriend now?
Okay, can I see present lovers more often?
Either would be acceptable, kthx.
Don't get me wrong. I <3 Freewill Astrology. I just don't often understand what he's on about without a LOT of thought. I suppose that's the point, but at the moment I'm tired, cranky, achey, and impatient. I want results, dammit!
July 17th, 2008
|08:51 am - Freewill Astrology|
Taurus Horoscope for week of July 17, 2008
In his book In My Other Life, Paul Theroux imagines another version of himself -- the "story of a life I could have lived had things been different." I think you'd benefit from carrying out a similar exercise, Taurus. Daydream about the inner potentials you've never developed, the inviting destinations you've never actually sought out, the initial interests that never grew into full-fledged relationships -- and then fantasize that you are in fact doing those things. Aside from being fun, this experiment could lead you to actually try out some possibilities that maybe you should have considered long ago. And it might at least free up energy that has been trapped inside feelings of remorse.
Gemini Horoscope for week of July 17, 2008
Kate Knapp Johnson's poem "Meadow" begins like this: "Half the day lost, staring/ at this window. I wanted to know/ just one true thing// about the soul." She goes on to imply that she wasn't successful in her meditation. You, on the other hand, will enjoy a boom time if you go in quest of such insight. By next week, you could discover at least five true things about the soul. Here's one possible truth now: The soul needs nourishing stories in the same way the body needs healthy food.
- Not sure it's so much remorse as regret. I mean, remorse implies to me that one has done something... malicious? While I make mistakes, and rather often, they are rarely acts of malice. More often than not they are acts of love in error.
- Inviting destinations I've never sought out? I'd like to go to Paris. I'd like to go to the Bahamas now that I am old enough to remember (I was there 39 years or so ago, nuff said). I'd like to visit a dear friend in LA, and bake scones for her. I want to go to Austin, and visit my SB, because she is teh awesome. I'd like to go to Houston. I'd like to go to Idaho and research genealogy. I'd like to go to Utah and meet long lost kin. I'd like to go to North Carolina and visit with fabulous friendly in-laws. I'd like to visit Italy, and Denmark, and England, and Ireland, and Quebec, and France... to research genealogy and possibly meet long lost kin.
- There are exes I'd love to see again, even if we were never to re-ignite old flames. Though that's only one ex, that's like the only valid reason I've even considered attending my high school reunion. Well, that and showing off a young hot paramour. Other maybe interests that I didn't pursue? Can't think of any offhand. I'll have to contemplate that a bit.
- Inner potentials? There are many. I thought once about being a physician, though I don't think that's my path anymore. I used to be a healer, but it always made me physically ill to do that; kinda working on that right now, not sure how it's going considering how sick I've been lately. Empathy... I cut that off a LONG time ago, but it seems to be coming back and I am SO not sure how I feel about that. Art... never really developed the skills, though I seem to have some natural talent; I really don't want to be another aging wannabe artist. Same with singing. I'd like to get back into working out regularly but who the hell has the time with a commute like mine? Would you believe I was once a budding model? Yeah, me neither, but it's true...
- I hate it when Brezsny gets metaphysical on me. I'm a more literal person than he is, methinks. Soul... nourishing... stories... WTF? Someone help me out here, kthx.
Current Mood: tired
Current Music: "You don't eat breakfast? The most important meal of the day?" coworker on phone